Established in 1909, Gransfors Bruks takes pride in engineering the finest of axes using time-honored techniques that revere the grandeur that is this renowned architect.
The signature spire of professionalism behind Gransfors Bruks Axes is that they are forged with exceeding precision such that no supplementary work to mask faults occurable in the forging process is needed.
Once satisfied with build quality, durability, and reliability, each axe is stamped with the initial of individual smith’s as an emblem of excellent workmanship. Alongside the Gransfors Bruks century long heralded crest.
With that said, here is a review of the Gransfors Large Splitting Axe for skilful comprehension of its features and capabilities
Design and Build
Designed for splitting all types and chunks of wood, the Gransfors Large Splitting Axe excels in brilliant workmanship to the miniscule. The axe is forged and ground to a concave with a quite thin blade at the bit, all harmonised with the weight of the axe head which grants more heft to the swing and power to split apart the grain of the wood.
The axe does more than just slice into the wood, thanks to the splitting wedge shaped axe head the thick blade pushes apart the wood. The shaft to the axe, on the other hand, is textured, offering added grip to the task and long enough (31”) to offer greater heft to the swing.
Features and Specifications
- 1055 Carbon Steel – The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe is manufactured by hand forging from 1055 Carbon Steel using traditional techniques that imbue its resilient design, making it versatile and durable
- Textured Hickory Handle – The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe is fitted with a hickory handle that is solid in performance with the shaft well textured to offer additional grip to the task at hand
- Vegetable-tanned Leather Sheath – The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe comes with a vegetable-tanned leather sheath, serving purposes of both preservation of the sharp edges, and portability by protecting the owner from the sharp edges
- Concave Blade – The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe is built into a concave thin blade designed to splits the wood, as well as pushes the wood apart.
Check more top rated axes
- Weight – The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe weighs 5.7 pounds adding more heft to the swing and thus splitting wood with ease
- Size – The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe is 31.5″ inches in size
Pros and Cons of the Gransfors Large Splitting Axe
- The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe is forged 1055 Carbon Steel using traditional techniques that imbue its resilient design, making it versatile and durable
- The Hickory Handle is solid in performance and textured to add more grip to the task
- The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe comes with a vegetable-tanned leather sheath designed to sheath the axe’s sharp edges and keep the owner safe from unprecedented dangers
- Concave Blade – The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe isbuilt and ground to a concave necessitating the splitting of the grain of the wood, as well as pushing the wood apart.
- The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe is more costly than other axes available in its bracket
The Gransfors Large Splitting Axe is a marvellous workmanship confounding to the miniscule of details. Designed for splitting all types of wood, the axe delivers as much as it promises. From the concave axe head that is somewhat heavy, to the long shaft for adding more heft and power to the swing each feature incorporated complements the other, with the textured handle sealing the deal in excellent workmanship for this confounding marvel.