Hand-forged and made using traditional Swedish methods, Gransfors Bruks Axes excel in quality and reputation, with each axe head individually stamped with the smith’s initials all together revamping its eminence and reliance. From limbing trees to chopping and splitting firewood, as well as woodcarving.
With that said, here is a comprehensive review of the Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe delineating of features and capabilities
Design and Build
Developed with the help of Lars Fält, a well-known survival expert with many years down his belt teaching the Swedish Military, as well as renowned for publishing numerous books on the subject. The Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe is hand forged from special alloy Carbon Steel designed for use when out and about in the countryside. The axe is small, durable, and lightweight with the handle spoting a hickory shaft that is boiled in linseed and rolled in bees wax for an abstemious lux and smooth water repellent finish complementary to the revamped outlook. Thanks to the lightweight design, long handle and relatively heavy head, the axe is well-designed for felling trees, chopping and splitting firewood, as well as woodcarving amongst other tough tasks.
Features and Specifications
- 1055 Carbon Steel – The Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe is hand forge from 1055 Carbon Steel that is heavy-duty and highly durable, making it able to withstand the hardest of tasks and tremendous pressures
- Smooth Water repellent Hickory Handle – The Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe handle is made from a hickory shaft that is boiled in linseed and rolled in bees wax for an abstemiously lux and smooth water repellent finish complementary to the revamped outlook. Thus excellent in build quality and reliable in performance
- Leather Sheath – The Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe comes sheathed with a vegetable-tanned leather sheath. Preserving its sharp edges and easing up on portability.
- Transferable – The Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe is compact and lightweight in design, and thanks to the leather sheathing designed to cover the sharp edges of the axe, this makes the Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe a comfy and excellent must have companion.
- Dimensions – The Gransfors Bruks Outdoor axe spots dimensions of 1 14 x 6.7 x 1.9 inches further complementing its ergonomic design, in effectiveness and ease of use
- Weight – The Gransfors Bruks Outdoor axe weighs 1.2 Pounds further augmenting on its portability and overall design compactness
- Size – The Gransfors Bruks Outdoor axe is 14.75” inches in size
Check out more awesome axes
Pros and Cons of the Gransfors Bruks Outdoor axe
- The Gransfors Bruks Outdoor axe is forged 1055 Carbon Steel thus making it durable, tough, and resilient in revamped performance
- Smooth Water repellent Hickory Handle – boiled in linseed and rolled in bees wax for an abstemiously lux and smooth water repellent finish complementary to the revamped outlook.
- Vegetable-tanned leather sheath designed for preserving its sharp edges, as well as easing up on portability.
- Ergonomic in design thus delivering maximum power output for amplified performance capabilities
- Manufactured and signed by professional Artisans with the Gransfors Bruks insignia further heralding lineage of outstanding workmanship
- The Gransfors Bruks Outdoors Axe is ostensibly more high-priced as compared to alternatives in its bracket
Crafted by first-rate professionals in cooperation with the survivalist expert Lars Fält, the Gransfors Burks Outdoors Axe is an outstanding workmanship. Carefully fashioned to the minuscule of details with a robust and resilient design the Gransfors Bruks Outdoors axe delivers as much as is it promises outgoing performance, reliability and satisfaction.