Forged by professional smiths and handcrafted in design, the Gransfors Bruks hatchets are a savory classic. Herald for their excellent workmanship and first choice for Bush Craft, with more than 100 years since their inception, the Gransfors Bruks axes have withstood the test of time.
With that said, here is a review of the Gransfors Bruk Wildlife Hatchet for full comprehension of its features and capabilities
Design and Build
Forged from special alloy Carbon Steel with a crest insignia identifying the century long heirloom, the Gransfors Bruk Wildlife Hatchet is an admirable traditional scouting and camping axe. The hatchet spots a longer hickory handle that serves purpose in lending the axe more power used in limbing or felling trees, as well as splitting small logs for a campfire. The Gransfors Bruk Wildlife Hatchet also comes fitted with a leather sheath, which conceals the sharp edge, as well as the top part of the shaft thus stopping the head from cutting into your rucksack. Worth noting is that the Hatchet, in addition, comes with an English Language ‘Axe-Book’.
Features and Specifications
- Steel Alloy– The Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet is hand forge from a special carbon steel alloy that is highly durable and resilient, making it able to withstand the toughest of tasks and heavy-duty pressures
- Hickory Handle – The Gransfors Wildlife Hatchet handle is made from a hickory shaft, that is excellent in build quality, strong, sinuous and long-lasting, with extensive fibres further magnifying its tensile forte
- Vegetable-Leather Sheath – The Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet comes snug with a leather sheath. This is designed to ease up on portability, by covering the sharp edge of the axe, as well as the top part of the poll thus stopping the head from cutting into your rucksack.
- Portable – The Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet is compact and thanks to the leather sheath covering the sharp edges of the axe, as well as the poll this prevents the axe from cutting through your rucksack and making it excellent every day must have companion.
- Weight – The Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet weighs 1.3 Pounds thus lightweight and easily portable
- Size – The Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet is 13.5” inches in size
Pros and Cons of the Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet
- The Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet is forged from steel alloy carbon thus making it durable and tough in effective design
- The Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet is made of Hickory shaft which is of strong build, and excellent quality
- Vegetable-tanned leather sheath which is bacteria resistance and prevents the axe from cutting through your rucksack
- Ergonomic in design with the head and shaft geometry excellent for limbing and carving
- Made and signed by Artisans with the Gransfors Bruks Crest further heralding the century old lineage in excellent workmanship
- Cost – the Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet is seemingly more costly as compared to other makes in its bracket
- The Cutting edge is not as sharp on receipt but can be further sharpened and horned to fit the task at hand.
Designed as a traditional scouting and camping axe, the Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet is a classic addition to the Gransfors Bruks lineage. The hatchet brims with time-honored reputation in excellent build quality, reliability and durability that is the way of the Gransfors Burks crest thus making it an ample and must have companion.